A first of it's kind, TrailPass™ is a private company, supported solely by it's riders, sponsors and dealers. TrailPass™ works with membership based riding areas, landowners, clubs, tracks and local municipalities to bring you the finest riding available - all in one network.
Our affiliates are entitled to a host of amenities including, but not limited to, participation in our commercial general liability program, a web presence on the TrailPass website, participant accident coverage, personal consultaion and help with event coordination, fund raisers and more!!
If you are thinking about starting up an off road group, or you already belong to an off road organization and would like to see how the TrailPass network can benefit you, please contact us.
Rider Code of Conduct
Here is a list of things you can do to make sure the TrailPass™ network is a success:
• Always ride within your limits, the limits of your machine and the limits of the
• Helmets are REQUIRED. Full safety gear including gloves, a long sleeve shirt or jersey and boots are highly recommended.
• Keep your machine in top shape. Tires, brakes and cables should be inspected
every time you ride.
• Consult your owners’ manual and comply with the safety standards set forth for
• Make sure that your machine complies with all local and State requirements.
• Only one rider per vehicle. (Unless the machine is specifically designed for two-up riding or has an approved seat). Consult your owners manual for seat
• Ban the Booze!! NO ALCOHOL is permitted on the trails or in any riding area.
• Be courteous to other riders.
• Be respectful to trail patrols and local law enforcement.
• Stay on the posted trails at all times.
• Ride single file on the trails.
• Follow posted speeds.
• Do not be destructive, to the land or to the animals that inhabit the land.
• Be respectful of creek crossings.
• Be especially respectful to the landowners who allow us to recreate on their
Frequently Asked Questions
How long has TrailPass been in business?
TrailPass has been contributing to the off road comunity since it was formed in 2003. Although our end goal is still the same, we have changed our company structure a number of times throughout the years to better meet the needs of our affiiated parks, clubs, tracks and riders.
What types of vehicles are allowed on TrailPass™ trails?
ATVs with 4, 6 or 8 wheels, UTVs, Jeeps and full size trail vehicles, Side by Sides and dirt bikes are allowed. All vehicles must be liability-insured and registered pursuant to law. Prohibited vehicles include: three-wheeled ATVs and five wheeled ATVs.
Can I ride with a passenger?
Each riding area has their own regulations on two-up riding. However, two-up riding is never allowed on an ATV unless the machine is specifically setup for a passenger.
What are your age or cc restrictions for kids
TrailPass™ heavily promotes family riding. We do not have a minimum age requirement for riders, but many of our affiliated parks and clubs do. Regardless of this, if we see evidence of a child riding a machine that is above their ability, or on a machine where they can not comfortably reach the controls or footpegs, we reserve the right restrict trail access to that individual.
Can we get an insurance certificate for our landowners?
TrailPass can provide insurance coverage and certificates for your landowners and municipalites.
We want to have an event, but dont even know where to begin. Can you help?
We have had a lot of experience with events! This is the fun part!! If you are thinking abut a rodeo, poker run, dice run, or a scavenger hunt just let us know. We have template forms and can talk you through the entire process.
Are we allowed to drink and ride?
This is a very long and complicated answer. "Absolutely not".
Do I have to wear my helmet when it is hot out?
Helmets and eye protection are required by all riders in the TrailPass network.
We want to have a race. Is this covered by our insurance through TrailPass?
Our current policy DOES NOT cover racing, but we can help you secure insurance for your competitions and timed events through our broker.